Thursday, January 31, 2008

Something The Lord Taught Me Today

This week at the school where I teach we are doing a mock version of the TAKS (our state's exam). Well, teaching special education I sometimes end up with either a small group or no group and get "stuck" observing. This time I had no students the 1st day, 3 the second day, and 1 today. After the kids are finished with the test they can watch a movie or read a book or something as long as it is quiet. So during that time I got caught up on the study we are doing with a group of youth at the church, Experiencing God (Youth Edition). I had done the "grown up" edition back in college. And even started it once again a couple years ago. So when Carlton asked me if I wanted to come out with him and some others to do this one with the youth I decided it would be a good idea.

I love how God does things. With all that has been going on with me lately, what I read today was SO at the right time. Let me tell you what it was...here it is straight from the book:

"The call to love God with all one's heart is expressed throughout the Old Testament. The essence of the New Testament is the same. Quoting from Deuteronomy, Jesus said the greatest commandment in the law is: "Love the Lord your God with all you heart and with all you soul and with all your mind and with all your strength" (Mark 12:30). Everthing depends on this! Everything in your Chirstian life, everhting about knowing and experiencing God, everything about knowing His will, depends on the quality of your love relationship with Him. If that is not right, nothing in your life will be right."

Oh my gosh!!!! That slapped me right in the face! With all the struggles I have been having, with all the "problems" I seem to have with insecurities, all of that is a reflection of my relationship with Him. I had to stop immediately and pray to ask forgiveness from Him for not seeking that "love relationship" he desires from each of us.

Another quote was "A love relationship with God is more important than any other factor in your life." I know that you, just like me, already know that, but a reminder is always nice!

I hope that this was something you needed today!

4 comments:

Liz said...

I'm right there with you Angie. Thanks for that. Elizabeth

Natalie said...

Thanks for the welcome. I'm looking forward to reading your blog!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE Experiencing God. That Bible study was one of the first steps in a truly REAL relationship with Jesus for me. I'm learning more and more every day that I can't have right relationships here on earth if that relationship with HIM isn't right. It's impossible! I have been doing Kay Arthur Precept studies lately on different books of the Bible and no matter who the author or which book it is, the message is ALWAYS "JESUS!!" Overwhelmingly, "JESUS!" We so often try to fix our problems with so many other things when the answer truly is always JESUS!! THank you for reminding us!!! You're awesome!
Daisy

Karen said...

Thank you...I did need that today!