Well, I shared with you all yesterday how the Lord was teaching me that without that love relationship with him, then nothing in my life would be right. Well, today I was reading one of the lessons and came across this verse from Philippians:
"Brothers, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and staining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Chirst Jesus." Philippians 3:13-14
The part of that verse that just really jumped out at me was "Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead," There is so much in my past that I need to FORGET. Not forget so much as to forget how God brought me through it, but to forget and not cling to it and allow it to "destroy" me. That is exactly what Satan wants. (and it was pointed out to my by my dear hubby this afternoon)
Not that all of these things have happened to me (but a few of them did) but Satan wants us to never forget being hurt by a loved one, being raped at a party you knew you shouldn't have been at, hurting your self or someone you love, having that abortion, having sex before you were married......and the list could go on and on and on.
As long as we hold on to those things, Satan will do his best to use them against us, I know I have been there recently (am there now). But God so loves us that he wants us to forget those things. He wants us to remember how HE brought us through those things so that we can give Him the glory.
I ask for your prayers because there are some things that I really need to "forget"! There are things I need to do to change the way I see myself and others around me. I want to see them and myself through the eyes of my Father in heaven and not with a tainted screen of sin! I will pray for you too. We all need it I'm sure!
Have a great weekend.
DQ
Some Things I’ve Loved Wearing
9 months ago








3 comments:
Satan will try anything to hold us in bondage. Only Christ can break those shackles free! My thoughts are with you.
I WILL be praying for you. I'm reading a book right now about Victory in Christ. It is so encouraging to know we have that Victory. But, it talked about couterfeit victory. That kind of victory is the kind we think we can't accomplish. It's not real and it won't last. Let HIM live in you knowing your sins are crucified with Him on the cross. They are gone and can be forgotten and you can have TRUE, REAL Victory over sin in Christ. I'm trying to learn that myself, so I just thought I'd share.
Praying for you,
Daisy
What a great reminder. Its so easy to hang onto those past sins without even realizing it. We have such a hard time understanding that if we've confessed and sought His forgiveness then God has already forgiven us... yet we neglect to forgive ourselves. What a relief when we do finally let go of those burdens and allow ourselves to feel the freedom of God's forgiveness and love.
Post a Comment