Monday, January 7, 2008

My "Boy" and 11 Years!



This is "My Boy". That is what I have called him since I can remember. We met my freshman year in college (Fall of 1992). I remember the weekend my mother helped me move in to the dorm. She was thrilled when she overheard someone say that the ratio of girls to guys was 4:1. She looked at her friend and said, "Well hopefully that means I won't have to hear about a boyfriend any time soon!" Little did she know. HeeHee!

With in the next couple of months I met My Boy. He was leading the worship team for the BSM (BSU for those of you who were in college around the same time!) and I was on the worship team. (leaving out many details) One day he asked me to go with him to get some drinks from Sonic. So off we went. On that day he said to me, "Wouldn't it be nice if God told you who you were going to marry?" I said, "Sure it would make things a lot easier." Then he said, "What would you say if I asked you to marry me right now?" (totally thinking he was joking) I said, "You don't even have a ring!" (Years later I found out from him that his thought that night was...."You greedy Grinch!") HeeHee! I didn't think he was serious or anything!

Weeks later I remember walking from the Student Center to my dorm and seeing My Boy sitting on a swing. He was wearing jeans and a red long sleeved t-shirt and he was reading his Bible. I stopped and looked at him for a few minutes before he recognized me there. On that day I knew this was the MAN I would marry! (I get teary now just remembering that sweet moment!)

On December 16, 1993, My Boy asked me to marry him at the top of the Tower of America's in San Antonio. It was one of the greatest nights of my life. I loved him so much that I could hardly stand it! I was so excited! Little did we know the ceremony wouldn't come for 3 more years!!! Yes I said 3! Talk about a long wait. But I will tell you it was worth waiting!

We were married on January 4, 1997. The happiest day of my life. (I don't have a scanner or I would show you some pictures!) He sang to me that day, of which I thought he might but there had not been any talk about it so it was a surprise.

From that day on we have had our ups and downs like any married couple. There have been many times that I have let him down, and many times that he has let me down, but through it all our love for each other and God has kept us together. He loves me and I love him and that is all that really matters. That love has been tested many a time, but God saw to it that we were reminded of that love.

We have had two beautiful children together. (once again, I don't have a scanner to put older pictures on here) He is a wonderful Father to them. He will play with them, allow them to climb all over him, let them "help him", scare them, teach them, pray with them, sing with them, correct them, love on them, and he'll even paint Rachel's nails! He's a good Daddy!

I love My Boy and I am so thankful that God put us together. I hope and pray that our next 11 years are sweeter than the first!

Here are just a few older pictures of him and the kids that I could round up:










2 comments:

Liz said...

Wow, how sweet. I didn't know we got married 3 weeks apart. That is neat. Hope you had a great anniversary. Elizabeth

Anonymous said...

Girl you got me cryin'! That was SO sweet!! Happy Anniversary!!! Y'all are a precious couple!
Hope school got started off good!
Oh, we called it the BCM where I went to school, but I've heard BSU and all the others, too.
Happy Monday!
Daisy