I took tons of pictures of the kids, but not one of Me or Carlton! Anyway, here is Timothy's set.
This was his 1st day in Ski School! He was so excited and ready to go!

Proud of himself! And realizing I still had the camera out!

Getting a gentle nudge!

Taking off and a little scared.

He made it to the bottom of the hill that time, but crashed instead of stopping!

This was day 2 of Ski School.

Flying down the hill!

PIZZA!!!!!! That's what they call it now! When I first learned to ski they called it "snow plow!" either way it means......"stop!!!!"

He made a little turn and is coming down the home stretch!

I DID IT MOM!!!!!! Thumbs up!!!!
I was SO proud of him! The first day he did fuss a little and wanted to quit and get out of there! But he didn't give up and he kept trying and eventually was taking that little ride up the "Magic Carpet" and coming down with no problems!
Now for a funny/scary story: Carlton picked him up on day 3 a little early. The instructors told him that Timothy had ridden the chair lift that morning or afternoon.....anyway, Carlton thought "Ok, I'll take him up the lift for the "bunny slope". When they got to the lift, Carlton said Timothy told him, "I didn't ride that!" Carlton asked him if he was sure, because the teacher had told him he had. But Timothy told him..."No, I didn't ride that." Carlton said he thought, "Oh, well, we are here SO up they went.
As they approached the top, Carlton was telling Timothy what he would need to do in order to get off the chair. As they got closer, Carlton got his poles together, and reminded Timothy that he had to push off to get off the lift. When they finally got to the top, Carlton pushed himself off, turned around to check on Timothy and didn't see him. HE WAS STILL ON THE LIFT!!!!!!!! Then Carlton said all of a sudden he heard the loud thump, and it was Timothy, he just jumped off the lift. He had a good 3 or so feet to fall, and landed on his feet!!!!!! Oh My!!!!!! I am so GLAD I didn't see that! I would have just about lost it to see my little man making the turn to come back down on the lift, only to jump right off!!!!
I couldn't believe it! BUT, he did it!










No comments:
Post a Comment