Thursday, January 10, 2008

BLAH!

Why is it that the weather just can't stay in a happy spot for a few days??? The weather here has kind of reflected my mood lately! I guess I still haven't recovered fully from the trip and strep! Anyhoo....I am tired of feeling tired!

Really I guess there is quite a bit going on lately that has me kind of blah!!!! My Great-Uncle Jim passed away on the Saturday before we left for our ski trip. He was 94 years old. He was very dear to me, yet I hadn't made any time lately to go see him. He was a kind, sweet, and funny man. There was just a graveside service for him on Monday. I was on the road to Colorado.

Then while we were there my mother called about my Pappy (my Dad's step-father). He had become nonresponsive at the nursing home on Monday (of the trip) and they took him to the hospital. Come to find out he had been about 3 days without his medicines and was dehydrated. He is in a nursing home......aren't they suppose to make sure these things are taken care of!!! Anyway, he was taken to the hospital and never returned. He passed away on Friday. There was a family viewing for him on Monday and a graveside service for him on Tuesday. I couldn't attend either one. The drive from here to there is only 5 hours or so, but I had been so sick from the trip that I wasn't sure if I could make it or not. Turns out that the shot I got in the ER on Sunday really helped and I started feeling much better by Monday evening.

I just feel that there is so much going on that I have allowed myself to get under this nasty cloud. I haven't really talked to my father in almost 5 months. I talked to him briefly on Thanksgiving and on Christmas, and then the other day with the passing of Pappy I called him. Everytime I talked to him there was really nothing of significance discussed. Everything was very much on the surface, nothing too personal.

I want it to get personal with him! I am so tired of him hiding behind the alcohol and drugs! I want some answers from him. And on top of all this, I haven't followed through with the whole Bible/Book Study thing. It has been weeks since a post on that and for some reason I pick it up then put it down.

Please pray for me! I really need some lifting up lately!

3 comments:

Janna said...

Wow...that's a lot to take in in one week girlie!! I'm so sorry you're going through all this. It must seem so overwhelming. I know your heart just aches for your dad, and I'm praying that you can have a true heart to heart with him one day soon. There's so much hurt there, and I so wish there was something I could do to wipe it all away!! Praying for you my dear friend!! You have been there for me so much, and I just hope that I can be there for you!!!!

Karen said...

Lifting you up sweety.

Anonymous said...

I will be praying for you! "Turn your eyes upon Jesus."
Daisy