Ok, so today's WFMW's assignment was to tell what kind of foods you make in a quick fix! My family loves rice, at least the kids and I do and the kids and I love beans. SO, there are many options for me especially when the hubby is gone. But when he is home, and I need something fast, here is one meal I can make (and I do not know the name)
Ingredients:
- 1 c. chicken breast (cubed)
- 2 tbs oil (veg. or olive)
- 1 package taco seasoning
- 1 cup instant rice (white or brown)
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 can black beans (with jalapenos if you like extra spice!)
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups shredded cheese (or less if you don't like it too cheesy)
Cook chicken in oil until done. Add salsa, taco seasoning and water. Cook until bubbly. Add rice and cover. Lower the heat to simmer for about 5 minutes, then (if using brown rice) allow to sit with lid on for another 5 minutes. After rice is done, stir in drained can of black beans. Cover the mixture with cheese and allow to sit with lid on for about 5 minutes to allow the cheese to melt.
Spoon onto plates and serve. Can be served with tortillas or tortilla chips. Sometimes we put the mixture on a tortilla then add a little sour cream and roll them up.
Pretty tasty!









1 comment:
Mmm . . . sound yummy and simple! Perfect!
http://everaftermyway.wordpress.com
Post a Comment