My Timothy is a character. He has had the most amazing and animated facial expressions since he was an infant! Last night he put some of those expressions to work along with his "I never meet a stranger" personality.
Wednesday's are the days I take Rachel to Baby Ballet. Usually, I drop Timothy off at the church with Carlton, they eat the family dinner, then Timothy heads to children's choir. But last night there was no dinner and children's choir has been put on hold until after the first of the year. So, Timothy went with me, which I protested, but lost and took him anyway. Besides, he has been asking when he would get to see Rachel in her ballet class.
We got there a few minutes early so the kids and I sat and waited. Then Timothy saw a little boy come out of one of the tap classes. He looked at me and almost giggled while asking "Why was that BOY in that dancing class with those girls?" I just looked at him and said, "I guess he wants to learn how to tap dance." Well I guess that was not enough explanation for him, because he got up and started walking over to the boy.........NOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!! Timothy, come back!!!!
Luckily I stopped him before he got there....I KNEW that he was about to go ask the kid! And just asking the kid would have been okay, but I knew by the way he asked me the question that it would come across as, "Why are YOU taking that dance class.....BOYS don't take dance classes!" and that would not have been nice! Especially since I see the boy's mother their every week, sewing sequence on sweat shirts and other things for him!!!
ANYWAY.....it just couldn't end there......After Rachel went into her class Timothy got bored and was playing with my keys!
I have a mini-swipe card on my key ring for the local gym that Carlton and I frequent. (okay, I go about 2 times a week.....if I'm lucky!) Anyway, Timothy held it up and asked (anyone that was listening) "Do any of you go to Exygon (the gym)?" At first no one answered, so being the persistent kid he is he said it again, but louder....."Do any of you go to Exygon?"
There was one lady that heard him the first time and grinned, she is usually kind of quite and to herself anyway, but she humored him and said, "I don't, but I probably should!" He grinned, and I (for what reason I don't know, other than to make her feel more comfortable) said, "Well, Mommy doesn't go enough!" And do you want to know what my darling little boy said???????
He said......"Yeah.....and that is why your belly is getting bigger!"
OH NO HE DIDN'T!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
OH YES HE DID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Can you believe that?????? I had to laugh........it was either laugh or kill him!!!!!!!!!!!!
You see I know the truth.....my belly is not getting bigger, as a matter of fact it had gotten smaller, but here lately it has stayed about the same. I guess that's because I haven't been going to the gym regularly!
Thanks Timothy!
Some Things I’ve Loved Wearing
7 months ago








2 comments:
Well Gonka as they say "kids say the cutest things".
Ahhh, kids...gotta love 'em!!!
Post a Comment