Monday, December 10, 2007

Look what I did!

Okay, I know it is not much, but for me it was an effort! I use to like being all "crafty", but for the last several years, okay since Timothy's birth to be exact, I haven't felt much like doing crafty things. Every Christmas I say I am going to do something with all those extra limbs we cut off our tree, but I NEVER do, and I am sure when I told Carlton I was going to save them, he probably rolled his eyes and said, "Whatever" to himself. But I proved to him and myself that I could get it done!

This was my first ever attempt at a wreath....nothing elaborate, just a simple metal ring, some floral wire and a bow that took me longer to make than it did the wreath! (Did I tell you I am not THAT crafty!)



Then there was all those limbs still left, so I had to do something with them....so I took a vase, put a bunch of them in it, placed some water in it and put a bow around it. (This bow was much more simple...just like tying a shoe!) I put it in our half bath. As you can see there isn't much in there....we still haven't found "the right mirror" for that room.....who am I kidding, we will be lucky if one ever gets put in there. (no really, we did finally decide to take some glass from the garage and get it cut and framed for that room.....just waiting on the money to do that with) Anway, after I loaded these pictures I did realize that I need to go home and move it a little....the pine needles look like they are poking into the plug!!!! Maybe I should go do that now! That is if my house is still standing!


Anyway, that is my latest attempt at being crafty! hope you like!

4 comments:

Tip Junkie said...

They turned out great!!

Anonymous said...

Like it, I LOVE it!!! You are quite crafty!! I don't even attempt!!! =)
Daisy

Unknown said...

Hi there,
I am pretty new to this blogging world, but I really enjoy your authenticity! And, your decorations look great! I like the idea of the left over trimmings, I might use that one.
Missy

Unknown said...

I love both of them! You are crafty now!!! I should've done that with our tree!