This morning Timothy's pre-K class was taking a small field trip to the South East Texas Food Bank. They were invited there by the Channel 12 news station out of Beaumont because their class/daycare gathered and donated something like 600 food items during the food drive that the station sponsored. We were told to set our recorder to tape that station some where around 10:50 today, that they would be live and there would be no way to get a copy of the shot.
Since this is Carlton's day off, and Rachel is home sick, Carlton was able to watch our little man's "show"!!!! He said at first you could not really see him, but then he noticed the camera's. Carlton said you could hear something (one of the kids talking) and then the reporter acknowledged him (our Timothy). She said, "Yes, you ARE on tv. Do you want to say "hi" to your Mom?" Then Carlton said he stood out, smiled real big, waved and said, "HI MOMMA!!" Then they asked him what he likes to eat and he said, "I like hotdogs and hamburgers."
Then they started talking about Christmas and told them that Santa was going to be so good to them since they were helping all these people and they asked him if Santa was going to be good to him this year and he told them "YES" grinning and shaking his head, then another little boy said, "Not me, I say a lot of bad words."
And that was the end of the segment.
Our little man stole the show!








3 comments:
That's hilarious. "Not me. I say a lot of bad words." Man, ain't that the truth! Word to the brother for bein' honest!!
Hey, I was reading the LPM blog today (posted Dec. 1), and it just struck me that this really is what life is all about - our RELATIONSHIP with God - not our religion or our doing all the right things all the time just perfectly so. It really is about relationship - the ups and downs, trials and sorrows, joys and strengths. I don't know why that hit me right in the middle of reading that but it did. I thought you might find it interesting pondering as well.
Just wondering - you're a teacher - what do you teach?
On the scanner thing - HP is pretty much the best out there. Canon is good too. Most people like HP a lot who have them. They have the scanner and photo printer that is a great addition to your PC setup. Check 'em out at the local office supply stores.
That story is priceless!! Love it!! I'm having to catch up on blogging as usual b/c we too have all been sick around here, even poor little baby Luke. Anyway, I have to read the post below and link to where you're talking about, but I'm very interested to read. I'm just a little slow lately.
Hope you're all enjoying the CHristmas season!!
Daisy
Post a Comment