Where do I start.....
I got Timothy in to see the doctor yesterday. We talked about his eye and his ears (he had complained a couple times over the past two days about an ear ache, turns out it's just allergies!) and about his size for his age.
Let me start with his size....I do not think that my child is obese by any means. However, Carlton and I have ALWAYS struggled with weight so we are a bit more cautious than some may be. We noticed that Timothy had put on some pounds over the past 4 or 5 months. However, I also tried to relay the fact to my dear hubby that he has also grown about 4 inches!!! He was right at my bra line about 5 months ago and now he is above my breasts! With all that being said, we still wanted to change some of his diet (ours as well!) BUT since the daycare is on a Federally funded food program, there can not be any deviation from the menu unless there is a note from the doctor. Not even if I brought the snack for him.
SO....I took full advantage of this $25 copay!
I asked the doctor if she could write a note to the daycare that says she felt that Timothy needed to be given HEALTHY snacks. She and I giggled a little, "Why of course!" she said. I explained to her what we were trying to do as a family and of course she supported that without hesitation!
Neither she nor I feel as if he is UNHEALTHY for his age despite his 48" tall, 63 pounds self! He is just a big boy. However, she felt our concern since there is a family history of obesity on both sides!
GO DOCTOR!!
As for his eye....she didn't see a concern right away, but happily wrote a referral for us since we have seen it and so have others!
Now, for Rachel! Yesterday was another trying day! She got in trouble at school once again. The teacher told her that she was going to call her Daddy. Rachel looked at her like she was crazy and continued on with her behavior. So the teacher got the phone and Rachel still acted as if it wasn't a big deal. SO the teacher called.
Once she got off the phone with Carlton, she told Rachel that she had called him and he was on his way to the daycare. At this point, the teacher said Rachel looked right at her and proceeded to SPIT in her face!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
OH MY GOSH!!!!!!!! I DO NOT know where all this is coming from. That same morning, Rachel walked in, hugged her teacher and told her that they were going to have a good day. The teacher said that she played well with the other kids, painted well, played outside with no problems and ate lunch. Then something snapped!
This morning Carlton was talking to her about "school" and told her that they better not have to call him and that if they did, she would be in trouble. She looked at him and said, "I not go to Dreen Frog Daycare!" He asked her why and her response......."I will hurt someone!"
WHAT!!!!!!!!!!! It broke our hearts to hear her say that! Just bathe her in prayers PLEASE!!!
I talked with our school district this morning. I have her hearing scheduled to be checked next Wednesday and will be waiting on the school to call me to set up an appointment to have her speech and language evaluated. At that same time they will evaluate any behaviors that may occur to see if there is a need for intervention, or if this is just a developmental stage she is going through.
Please tell me if any of you have had these kinds of problems!!!!!! I beg of you!
Some Things I’ve Loved Wearing
7 months ago








2 comments:
Well, this coming from her Meme. It is always hard to think that something (ANYHING) is wrong with our kido's much less my grandbabies. However it may be a good thing even to have some allergy testing done. I was told by one of the girls here that they found that after her son ate lunch his behavior changed and they narrowed it done to some food allergies. We can only do what we think is best. You know I will be praying as well. Wish I was closer and could help out more!!!!!!!!!
MEME
OK,,So MEME doesn't proof read before hitting the button. I think when you read the above you will see where I am talking about. Either way it should be down and not done. LOL
Hang in there daughter and Momma is only a phone call away!!!
Post a Comment