First of all, if you haven't read my post below this one....titled Surrender....go read it....and visit the other blogs that I link to, they are really good!
Ok, now for updates....
Rachel - We went to the ENT on Wednesday. We discovered that the tube that we thought was still in her right ear was not there any longer. As a matter of fact, it was rolled up in a ball of wax that was literally the size of my pinkie finger nail (the pink area that is)! After they pulled that ball of wax out they sent us down for the hearing tests. In doing the tests we discovered that she does have about a 45% hearing loss in that right ear. The doctor later informed us though that the loss should be reversible once we get rid of the thick fluid that was build up behind the ear drum.
That's right......thick fluid!
Obviously we had tubes put in her ears the first time because of this fluid. SO, what's next.....Well, the doctor has us giving her Zyrtec every day for 30 days. Instead of jumping into a second set of tubes, he would like to see if this is just an allergy issue. IF after 30 days the fluid is STILL there, then we will look into another set. And if we do put in another set, then he will also remove her adenoids and her tonsils. Her tonsils have always been big, just like my mother's. They literally look like quarters in the back of her throat. And if they do this, he will draw some blood to do allergy screenings.
SO what does that say about her behavior....
Well, to me it says this.....If she has had this issue off and on for months (or longer, maybe even since she got the tubes) then this could be a large factor in her language/speech delays. If her frustration is linked to the fact that she doesn't feel understood, then this is something I, and speech/language therapy, can work on with her. It also says to me that some of the behaviors could be because she has felt all this pressure in her little head from the fluid build up and it has caused some these behaviors. I know that when I have a lot of sinus pressure I don't want to be messed with...do you?
Knowing all this sets me a little more at ease with all these behavior issues.....this is something that would be a lot easier to deal with than if it were all some kind of behavior disorder.
Now, for my GYN visit.........
Well it seems that my uterus is completely retroverted. It lays so far back that it sits on my rectum....I know that may be a little TMI for some. Because of this, my cervix is very tilted too and when hubby and I, well you know...... then his you know.....it hitting my cervix which causes so much pain at times that all action has to cease! We have tried all kinds of different things to make it better, but nothing really seems to help. This, on top of several other "hormonal" issues I have makes a hysterectomy sound really good to me right now. It all comes down to a "quality of life" issue to me.
We have two beautiful children. I have had two "chemical" pregnancies and this new doctor agreed with me that with this retroverted uterus, I could possibly have more if I were to "try" to get pregnant. However, the possibility is the same either way. The problem with a hysterectomy for me is not "having it all removed", the problem is that it can not be done the easy way.
What I mean by that is I can not have it done laproscopically. Back in college we discovered that I have "pelvic kidneys". My kidneys are fused at the bottom and are pulled forward into the pelvic area. They lay parallel to the ground right under my belly button......I know....FREAK!! (That's what my hubby says!!)
Because of this, I can not have laproscopic procedures, however, I didn't realize this until I visited this doctor. No other doctor had ever told me this before. SO, since this is the case, the only time I can "afford" to have this kind of surgery would be during the summer, when I already have time off. HOWEVER, we all know that a YOUTH MINISTER's busiest time is during the summer!
Just pray for me.....I'm a little bummed about it all. I know that all things happen for a reason. Maybe God wants to bless us with another little angel...who knows. The pain is not so much that I can't function, but it gets a little burdensome on hubby if you catch my drift! But he is a good man, and very understanding!
My brain is so scattered right now and things are starting to feel as if I am rambling....
Oh, pray for Timothy....his eye appointment is tomorrow at 1:30. I'll let you know about that later.
Some Things I’ve Loved Wearing
7 months ago








2 comments:
Bless your heart...I had the same problem. Way retroverted and then started to prolapse. Had a vag. hysterectomy 10 years ago and life is so much better. Even improved my back pain.
Originally came over to wish you well this week during the last (?) round of TAKS!!
Oh Ang, I'm so sorry about the female issues. I hope that you're able to come up with a solution that works for y'all. Know that I'm praying for you!!
I hope the issues with Rachel clear up soon. Poor baby...she's had a tough go lately!!
How did Timothy's appt go?
Praying for you all!! Love you bunches!!
Post a Comment