I may have mentioned to you all that I was going to a girls conference this weekend. I will post about the conference itself later today or in the morning. For now though I wanted to talk about some basic self defense things that were mentioned at the conference that have been on my mind.
During one of the sessions they talked about "Things every girl needs to know" and one of those things included some basic self defense techniques. Some of them you may already be exercising, but I am going to share them with you just in case you are not.
1. Always walk in the middle of the road between the isles of the parking lot. What I mean is, don't walk right up next to the cars. It only takes someone about 2 seconds to step out, muffle you mouth and throw you into a car if they want you bad enough. If you walk in the middle of the isle, then they are less likely to come after you for fear of someone grabbing you.
2. Always carry your keys so that a key or two are poking out from between your fingers. This gives you your own little weapon.
3. When fighting back, don't go directly for the gut. Go for the face! Attack any exposed skin you can find. When you think about it, if you go for the gut, or the mid section, then you have layers of clothing to get through. If you go for the face, you can cause some pretty good harm pretty quick!
4. Carry some kind of personal defense spray. I found some online here Blackhawk Gear . Along with many other items that could be used. Those of you with hubbies in the military or in the police force should check out that site. It has some pretty good discounts on items they could really use! I may go to that site to get Carlton some more Under Armour.
They also mentioned some other techniques, but that would require me making a video and posting it here, but I am not to that point in my blogging capabilities yet. (Hopefully soon!)
Anyway, hope you learned something new, and hope you find something at the site that will help you!
Some Things I’ve Loved Wearing
7 months ago








No comments:
Post a Comment