Wednesday, April 2, 2008

3 of the LONGEST days of my life! (Part 2)

If you didn't catch yesterday's post with Part 1 to this story, then either click here or scroll down.

Ok, so where did I leave off.......oh yeah, we had just gotten the stitches. Well, after the stitches were in and Timothy felt "well enough" to move his mouth around he said to me....."Momma, my tooth is crooked."

WHAT???? Crooked tooth.......so I looked in his mouth the best I could (that he would let me) and noticed that the gums above the front teeth were very bruised and above one tooth their was some blood. I got the doctor's attention and he came in to examine Timothy's mouth, and sure enough there were 2 teeth loose, one more so than the other. Luckily these are still baby teeth and they would eventually fall out anyway. But the doctor in the ER told us that we should get him to our dentist as soon as we got back home. In the mean time we were told to feed him soft foods.

We eventually left the ER and Timothy wanted to go to the Kiddie Holy Land.....you know McDonalds....... Remember, the doctor told us to feed him soft foods, but Timothy was determined. So, Carlton said we would go, get a happy meal, and if he couldn't eat it, then oh well, we tried. We had to go to Walmart anyway (there was a McD's in there) to get some supplies for bandaging, and some Motrin, so off we went. Not to mention we had a prescription for an antibiotic that we needed to get filled as well.

Wait........what pharmacy is going to be open on Sunday....well, usually WalMart or HEB would be, but today is a special Sunday.......it's EASTER......There were no pharmacies open!!!!!!!!!!! So after resolving to the fact that we would be making another trip into town in the morning, we decided to head to Mickie D's.

We attempted cutting a cheese burger into tiny bites and breaking up french fries, but as we expected, it didn't work. So Carlton took Timothy to pick out some soups. They came out with Cream of Chicken, Tomato, and Chicken Noodle along with some Hostess Blueberry Mini Muffins.

We got back to the camper and Timothy wanted to try to eat some muffins. He couldn't open his mouth to get them in, so Carlton broke them into smaller pieces then rolled them up for him. Timothy would take one of the pieces and stick it in his mouth way to the left side and far back. Then I couldn't tell if he was actually chewing it or not so I asked him and he said, "Not really!"
I asked him if he wanted some soup and he chose the Chicken Noodle soup. But once again he couldn't eat it.........

This got me to wondering if something was wrong with his jaw??? I cooked the Cream of Chicken and he finally drank it through a straw.

The next morning we got up and his chin looked terrible......NASTY.....and the more we thought about it, and his jaw, we decided that since I had to go back to town to get the antibiotic, I would take him back to the ER to have them x-ray his jaw.....they should have done this in the first place. Right??

Anyway, after several hours we finally find out that the jaw is fine and that the muscles and gums were just too sore and causing the extra pain.

While I was getting the prescription filled Carlton and I made the decision to just head home. We were scheduled to stay another 3 days, but we really wanted to get him back to see the dentist and just felt like it would be best for the care of the stitches too. So we talked to the kids and explained our thoughts and Timothy was fine with us leaving so we packed up and left.

He did fine on the trip back, not much pain and not much complaining. Honestly I was quite shocked. Rachel slept for about 3 1/2 hours of the trip back. We had all eaten so when she woke up we stopped and got her something to eat. She only ate about 1/2 of her cheeseburger and only about 3 of her fries......that's not right.......what's wrong with her......

Me= "Rachel do you feel okay?"
Rachel = "Uh huh, I not hungy now"
Me = "Ok....." (But thinking.....'somethings wrong!')

We got about another hour down the road and all of a sudden Rachel started complaining of her FEET hurting......weird.....I looked and sure enough her shoes were on the wrong feet! (Daddy put them on in a hurry!) I leaned back to help her get them off and that's when my fears came true.......SHE THREW UP!!!!!!!

She threw up all over herself, her baby, her blankets, her pillow...........

Carlton finally got to an exit and pulled over in front of a car dealership. I got out, took her out of her seat and stood her between me and the truck. I got all her clothes off except her panties and had her standing on a towel that just happened to be in the floor of the truck. Not a bit of it got on the truck, just on my baby girl and all her belongings. The bag that had all our clothes in it was packed way up in the back of the truck and to get to it we would have had to unpack most of the back end. (Carlton has an Avalanche and the top was on.) But there was one of Timothy's long sleeve t-shirts in the back with the kids.....don't remember how it got there, but Carlton handed it to me and I put it on her. She rode like that for the remaining 45 minutes of the trip home!

WHEW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Talk about a trip......it was the longest short trip of my life!


Here are the kids after we got back to the camper. Timothy still had a ton of stickers on his pants from the hospital. They were both worn out!

After a short rest, and finding the right soup and being able to drink it with a straw, my boy was happy.

I didn't post any of the yucky pictures, besides most of those are on my phone. I wish I had gone back and taken a picture of THE HILL! But we just wanted to get home! Do you blame us?

2 comments:

Liz said...

Oh ANGIE! So sorry for all of that! I'm glad that Timothy if feeling better. What did the dentist say? Did they have to pull the teeth? Last year we went camping and my DS rode his back down the hill with the exact same incident happening. We ended up at the ER TOO! Craziness!

Natalie said...

A thumbs up is always a good sign. Bless his heart!