Well, talk about a crazy couple of days it has been!
First of all, Timothy's eye appointment lasted 3 1/2 hours yesterday! But he did great! The doctor said that he is a little farsighted, but that it was within normal range for his age. Something to watch, but not to be concerned about just yet. She also said that his "wondering eye" is nothing to be too concerned about yet either. She said that with some kids they do that when they are trying to focus on something but if it ever happened and didn't go back to the normal position, within a few seconds, then that would be something to be concerned about. SO, all is well where that is concerned.
Now, here is where things get a little crazy. Yesterday morning I woke up and stepped on the scale. (my usual routine in the morning) As the numbers were flashing I was thinking, "What the heck...this is taking a little longer than usual!" When they stopped, the scale read 158. I had weighed the morning before and the scale read 148. SO, I thought that maybe for some reason it was having a bad morning and tried it again. It was consistent and once again read 158. I knew I was a little constipated, but come on....10 pounds worth....I don't think so!
That's when I also started noticing that I felt as if my whole body was bloated. My rings were tight on my hands. My face felt really "puffy". My calves felt tight, and my tongue felt like it was too big for my mouth.
I told Carlton about it all, and he shook his head and said...."Every morning it is something." I agreed with him and then KINDLY let him know that I WISHED it wasn't! He wasn't being a jerk here, just a little insensitive. But who could blame him....he was right!
SO, being the dedicated teacher I am, I headed on to work.....we have TAKS testing going on right now and I couldn't just call in the morning of the first day of tests and say I wasn't coming in.....well, I could have.....others did, but I just couldn't! I figured, if it gets worse I will call the doctor and then leave early.
I got to school, had the nurse check my blood pressure and all was well. One of my coworkers came in and said, "Angela, I am not trying to be rude but you look like you put on some weight over night!" I told her about the 10 pounds and she didn't feel so bad! I had only taken about 5 days of prednisone for the rash on my arm so I didn't think it could be that was having some kind of withdrawal from it, or that the weight was a direct result of it since it happened over night but started becoming concerned that I might be having an allergic reaction to the prednisone.
So I called the doctor's office. Most of the day had gone by at this time and my kids were all done testing. The nurse and I talked a little and she said that if I noticed any of the symptoms getting worse, or if any new ones occurred to call back or come in to the office. SO, about an hour later, new symptoms occurred. I couldn't really feel my lips and my tongue felt like it was getting bigger. So I called to let them know I was headed in and left work!
By the time I got to the office, I could still breath, but it felt like my tongue was touching my epiglottis. And sure enough as my doctor looked in my mouth he told the nurse I was going to need a shot NOW! I am sure my eyes got as big as oranges for a second or two!
He told me that after having this rash on my arm, the hives I had a couple weeks ago, and now this, he was sending me to an Allergist/Immunologist within the week. I do not know what causing my body to "fire up" but something is and honestly I think it might be something at my house! But I can't think of anything new that would be causing it!
This is all so crazy.....just pray we figure it all out soon. In the mean time I am on a combo of meds...Benadryl, Zyrtec, Prednisone, and Pepcid along with carrying an Epi Pen for emergencies.
If its not one thing its another!!!
Oh, there was more drama today concerning TAKS testing and teachers and students....but I will save that for tomorrow....to see if anything else happens to add to it, but for now I will tell you it involved teachers yelling at other teachers as if they were students, students fighting and one student being cuffed and removed from campus for hitting the principal!
PRAY FOR OUR KIDS!!!!!!!!
Some Things I’ve Loved Wearing
7 months ago








6 comments:
OH MY GOODNESS!!! Are you OK???? What a DAY! Angel
Things are crazy around your parts. My first thought about the weight gain was that you we're pregnant. That would have been a post shocker! I hope you get better. That sounds so serious.
I typed we're instead of were. Geez...
Thanks for the welcome! Hope you feel better soon!
One more thing...thanks for your sweet welcome to my sister. That really meant a lot! :)
crazy times is right!!! You and your family are in our prayers! Have any of your doctors said anything about food sensitivities? I was just wondering since about two years ago, our whole family started having all kinds of crazy allergy issues - each person with different kinds and symptoms (ears, sinuses, skin, etc.). It was like a perfect storm or something all hit at once. Through some trial and error we figured out we were all sensitive to something we were eating a LOT of most days. Just something to think about...praying for you.
Wendi
Post a Comment