Friday, May 18, 2007

Totally Useless Facts

I went to a website that a friend sent to me and found this post of useless facts. I thought I would share them with you!

*The most common name in the world is Mohammed
*The strongest muscle in the body is the tongue
*TYPEWRITER is the longest word that can be made using the letters on one row of the keyboard
*Women blink nearly twice as much as men!
*You can't kill yourself by holding your breath
*It is physically impossible for pigs to look up into the sky
*The "sixth sick sheik's sixth sheep's sick" is said to be the toughest tongue twister in the English language
*111,111,111 x 111,111,111 = 12,345,678,987, 654,321 (count out the answer)*
*What do bullet proof vests, fire escapes, windshield wipers and laser printers all have in common? Answer - All invented by women
*Question - This is the only food that doesn't spoil. What is this? Answer - Honey
*A crocodile cannot stick its tongue out
*A snail can sleep for three years
*American Airlines saved $40,000 in 1987 by eliminating one olive from each salad served in first-class.
*In the last 4000 years, no new animals have been domesticated.
*On average, people fear spiders more than they do death
*Shakespeare invented the words 'assassination' and 'bump'
*Stewardesses is the longest word typed with only the left hand
*An ant always falls over on its right side when intoxicated.
*The electric chair was invented by a dentist
*The human heart creates enough pressure when it pumps it can squirt blood 30 feet
*Rats multiply so quickly that in 18 months, two rats could have over a million descendants.
*Wearing headphones for just an hour will increase the bacteria in your ear by 700 times
*The cigarette lighter was invented before the match
*Most lipstick contains fish scales
*Like fingerprints, everyone's tongue print is different

Now...if you made it throught the whole list, don't you feel smarter! LOLOL

Have a good day!

DQ

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I DO feel smarter and if I was smart enough to remember anything I'd just read and use it in a daily conversation, I'd be so proud!!! =) Thanks for sharing the knowledge!!
Daisy