A book that all us Mommies know well! I was reading a "blog" friends entry for the day and she was talking about how her baby girl just had her 2nd birthday. She discussed how she was feeling and all my memories and emotions from Timothy and Rachel's 2nd birthdays came back. At the end of the post, she quoted this line from the book we all love, "I'll love you forever, I'll like you for always, as long as I'm living my baby you'll be" My tears started flowing!
That book is Timothy's all time favorite. As a matter of fact, after I read the book the first time that he really understood what the mother was doing, he asked me if I would pick him up and rock him back and forth! So since that time, everytime I finish reading it, I pick him up, rock him back and forth, and sing those words to him (to my own made up tune) and everytime, he closes his eyes, smiles and snuggles up.
I started thinking of the many times that Timothy has asked me to read that book and I have made an excuse as to why I couldn't....it's too late, Mommy is going to bed now too...and the times I ACTUALLY used not reading it as a punishment! HOW COULD I DARE DO THAT!!!!!!! (sobbing) God has given me these two precious children and has trusted me to love and nurture them. From now on....if Timothy wants that book read...it will be read no matter what.
Thank you Daisy (my new blog friend)!
DQ
Some Things I’ve Loved Wearing
7 months ago








2 comments:
Angela you are too precious! I love your heart for your family and your Heavenly Father. Your children are lucky to have yoU!
I LUV the ticker, too. I saw it on someone else's and had to have one. Yours is cuter than mine, but I figured my husband wouldn't appreciate the ticker much less if it was cute. =)
Have a happy weekend!
Daisy
Being the mother to DQ when I read this I sob, because of all the precious times I missed out on from being to busy. DQ was the best baby and now the best adult I know. Not just because she is mine but just because she IS. God has given her a TRUE mother's heart. For that I have to thank God!! for my Dimple Queen.
Moma
Post a Comment