Monday, May 14, 2007

Random Thoughts

This turned out to be a lengthier post than I intended!

Timothy had his first ever Mission Friends ceremony. Here are a couple pictures:


Mission Friends' emblem.

Timothy and Jana (our pastor's daughter and Timothy's future wife, so the two of them say!)



I just thought this one of the only 2 boys was cute. It looks like they are saying something like "Can you believe we made it with all these girls!"

Well, this weekend was full of a lot of stuff. Laundry (still not all done) Mother's Day, Mission Friends pinning ceremony at church, Parent's Night Out, and the painfull decision of not allowing Timothy to play with the boys behind us for a while.

Laundry - Is it ever done? Do you ever get caught up? As soon as you think you are finished, it is piled up again!

Parent's Night Out - We LOVE parent's night out and so do our kids. We get to go out and only pay $7.50 for child care. A babysitter on any other night runs us anywhere from $15 to $30 depending on how long we are out, and sometimes Carlton likes to do dinner and a movie and another movie! We went to a Lamar baseball game, and dinner at Rio Rita's with the music minister and his wife (Charlie and Yvette). Had fun!

Mother's Day - Good day. I had already gotten a wonderful present. We had decided before church to go to Texas Roadhouse to eat lunch. But when we got to church the pastor's wife, Kim, asked me if we wanted to go with them to Joe's Crab Shack. I thought it would be fun so I said, "Sure!" Well, the wait was a little long and we had to drive to Beaumont to eat (which is only about 15 minutes tops). I think that Carlton had his "buds" set for the ribs at TR so, although he said he would go wherever I wanted, I think he was a little disappointed! So, he kind of pouted. He won't admit he was pouting, but that is what I will call it!

Now for the worst part of the weekend - Saturday afternoon Timothy had been out playing with the boys behind us. He plays with them all the time. At supper time we had him come home. During supper he starts telling us all about his time with "the guys". He told us about the trampoline, about going to Logan's house and many other things. Then came the bomb! This is what he said, "Me and --- and --- (leaving names out) were outside and ---poured water in a bucket then he went pee pee in it and drank it! Then he tricked me and --- to drink it too!" CAN YOU BELIEVE THAT!!!!! We came unglued!!! Carlton reacts a little more dramatic than I do, but this was terrible. I called their parents and asked them about the story. Then I asked them if they would talk to their boys to see if they get the same story. Carlton had already looked at Timothy and told him that he better be telling the truth. IF Timothy had not been he would have said something like this, "Ok.....let's start over..." But he did not. He looked at Carlton (with scared puppy dog eyes) and said, "I am telling you the truth!" The parents to the other boys said that the oldest one had gone to a friends house to spend the night, but they would ask him about it when he got home on Sunday. Then they asked their youngest one and he confirmed the story but said he didn't actually drink it, he just put it to his mouth. Timothy says he drank it. He says that the oldest one tricked them, that he didn't really drink it but made them think he did so that they would.
Remember, Timothy is 4 years old. These other two boys are 5 and 6. I know that boys will be boys and they will do some crazy things, but they are pushing the line with this one! Carlton has decided that until we can talk to their parents, and they can assure us that this kind of behavior is totally unexceptable and that they will do something about it, then Timothy can not play with the boys. The parents gave us the impression that it wasn't that big a deal. Carlton's thought is this; yes, boys will be boys and I can see things like sticking gum in someone's hair, eating dirt, eating a worm, but to trick someone into drinking urine! Come on! That is a little much!!!!
Anyway, I type all that to say this...pray for us! Pray for Carlton as we try to talk to these parents. Pray for Timothy, these boys are his "buddies" and he is only 4 years old and may not understand all this. I don't want him to blame, and/or be upset with Daddy for not letting him play with his friends! This is tough!
Pray for us!
DQ








No comments: