Funny story.....Wednesday night as we were leaving church, Timothy became very upset when he found out that we were NOT going "out" to eat! He was upset because he wanted to go eat with Janna, our pastor's daughter that he has declared he will marry one day! He cried all the way home.
As I pulled in the drive I noticed a rabbit at the edge of our yard. I said, "Timothy do you see that rabbit?" He said, "NO! Was it the Easter Bunny?", and the flood gates opened once more! I backed up to see if that would help any and it did not. He became hysterical wondering where it had gone. He thought our dog had gotten the bunny! I told him and Rachel to wait in the car and I would go get a flash light to see if we could find the bunny. (I was willing to do this to stop the hysteria!) When I came back out, they were still in their seats waiting. I opened the door and told them to quietly get out of the car. Then the search was on!
I scanned the light along the side of our house and the neighbor's house that is next to our drive way. We saw nothing! I scanned the front yard, and we still saw nothing. I scanned the flower beds and .....there he was!!!! Timothy was SO excited! Rachel wouldn't move from my side, but Timothy wanted to get the rabbit. I told him that the bunny was so fast and he wouldn't be able to get to him quick enough since the bunny was already far away from him. He put his hands out in front of him, as if he were reaching for him, and said, "But I want to hug him and kiss him." Then he bent down and watched the rabbit. Then he looked at me and with a serious look on his face said, "Mommy, he is too small to be the Easter Bunny! Maybe he is the Easter Bunny's helper." I obliged him and said, "Maybe he was here to make sure you and Rachel found all your Easter eggs." Timothy smiled and said, "I think so!"
Wasn't that sweet! We went in and called my mother to let Timothy tell Meme and Papa about the bunny. My mother told Timothy that I had a bunny whenI was a little kid (thanks Momma). Then she told him that she would show him pictures if she could find them. He told her that she couldn't show them to her through the phone! We laughed and then she told him that she would bring them the next time she comes to see us.
He can't wait! (hope you find the pictues Momma!)
Some Things I’ve Loved Wearing
7 months ago








1 comment:
Sorry Baby Girl, but I did not lie, you did have a bunny called Pug. well maybe he was really MY bunny. And I will find those pictures to show the kids but then they may really want one. Oh what to do. lol We never know what is in the minds of a child,'
Moma
Post a Comment