We, I went back to the Allergist/Immunologist this morning. He tells me, after studying my case history from my family doctor and all the lab results that he doesn't think that I had a "true" angioedema. He told me my glucose levels were high and that he thinks that it is all related to kidneys!
I can't help but feel that I am on some wild goose chase here!
I asked for copies of the test results and have spent the last hour or so looking up information. I am going to ask that the blood tests be repeated in a week. That way all the medications (mainly the steroids) are out of my system. The steroids didn't affect the glucose tests, but they could have affected all the others. My white blood cell count was 18.5 and normal is 3.8 - 10.8. There were other parts to the white blood cell count that were VERY high as well. But even the doctor said that could have been related to the steroids. The other set of tests that were elevated were related to the kidney. They were not extremely high, but high enough to concern him. However after looking online, they could have been high because of the steroids as well.
The only number that concerns me is the glucose. The number was not high enough to diagnose diabetes, but was high enough to definitely diagnose pre-diabetes. And since I am currently 25 - 30 pounds overweight, and I had two children that were over 10 pounds (yes I know....OMG!!) then that does put me at a higher risk for developing diabetes. And not to mention that I have had to go to the bathroom A LOT in the past couple of weeks......I have even been waking up at night to go......
The kidney thing does concern me a little since I did read online today that those who have a horseshoe kidney (like myself) do have a higher risk for renal cell carcinoma and hydronphrosis.....however I do not have ANY symptoms of these things.....except for the elevated levels.....that could be a result of all the steroids.
So, still a matter of prayer.
My posts from this point on will not be related to all my AILMENTS!!!! Until I know more from doctors. But I WILL keep you all posted if something comes up! I am just so tired of dealing with it all, and I need to find BETTER, more uplifting things to post about!!! :)
Love you all!
Some Things I’ve Loved Wearing
9 months ago








2 comments:
I know you are just exhausted from this yo-yo ride. My thoughts are with you, girl!
This must all be so frustrating and mind boggling!!! Keeping you in my prayers!!
Post a Comment