Ok, I really do hope to start posting on things a little more spiritual, but I just had to share about my "near brawl" at the ball park last night.
I am NOT a confrontational kind of gal! However, the older I get, the less likely I am to back down. (I know this doesn't coincide with the whole Proverbs 31 thing....but I am human!) Well, before the games last night, there were some pretty nasty storms. But since those storms had passed, you know the game had to go on!!!! SO, when we got to the park, the front lot was full of cars and the back lot was covered in MUD from all the rain, so EVERYONE was double parked. Cars were parked right behind cars and all crammed in to spaces. So, my dear hubby just pulled right behind another car and called it good.
Well, the game went on, and I must say my little ball player did quite well! He didn't have to use the T at all, and he hit some pretty good line drives! All that being said.....the game was coming to an end, there were probably only 3 batters left and it would be over. When out of no where comes this mother from one of the 7, 8 and 9 year old teams yelling to the top of her lungs at all of us saying,
I looked back to notice that it was OUR truck behind hers. Then she put something on the hood of her car and walked back to where the team was meeting with the coach. I looked back at the other women sitting around me and said, "When she comes back I'll go move it.""YOU TBALL PARENTS NEED TO MOVE YOUR VEHICLES. SOME OF US ARE
TRYING TO LEAVE!"
Some of the other mothers said, "I wouldn't want to walk over there. That woman looks like she could take several of us out at once!" "She should have been more polite about it!"
While I did agree with what many of them were saying, my intentions were to watch for her, then when she headed back that direction I would go move the truck so she could get out, then pull up in that spot. (there was nowhere to move to at this point....the place was packed!) So, we are all sitting, watching, and waiting. Then I see that she is turning that direction so I start to stand....... and that is when she set the alarm off on her car!!!!!!!!!!!
LOUD, honking noise right behind our stands! Can you believe it? When the honking started....... I sat back down and said, "Well, since she did that I am not going over there now!" Then I stood up, walked over to my 6'3" hubby and said, "I need you to go move the truck. If I do, and that woman says something to me.....I just might loose my witness with some of these women!"
He asked what was going on, I told him and he walked right over to the truck. He walked over with a look of "Woman, don't say a word......or I'll sick my wife on you!" NO...... not really, but he did go to the truck and she took one look at him and walked the other way! HA!!! The grandma's of our little team thought it was hilarious. They were glad for my safety that I gave Carlton the keys and they loved the look on the woman's face when she saw him coming.
When Carlton walked back over to where we all were, the Grandma's of the group laughed and told him how much they loved the look on the woman's face. Then he told us all she said to him was "Thank you!" They all laughed.
All over some parking!








3 comments:
LOVE IT!!! I especially love the fact that you kept your cool, you go girl! And you still have your witness in tact.
I can picture the look on your face when the car alarm went off and you sat back down, priceless!
It is very difficult to remember that Jesus loves ALL people during moments like that. I often think that I have to "teach a lesson" to others in the midst of rudeness too :)
Good for you for keeping your cool!!! I would have said something because I tend to lose my filter between my mind and my mouth, and then I look like the idiot!! I'm proud of you Ang!!
Post a Comment