Tuesday, March 18, 2008

CAMPING!!!!

We are going TENT camping for the first time as a family. We are all going! Does anyone have any tips ??????????????? We leave Saturday morning sometime and come back late Tuesday. We are going to Garner State Park in south Texas. Pray for us!!! :)

2 comments:

Janna said...

That sounds like so much fun!!!!

Let's see, my camping experiences involve...air mattresses, fans, and hair dryers. Yes, I camp in comfort!! lol Jon calls me the camping princess. He's a funny, funny man!!!

Take flip flops for the shower, lots of bug spray, umbrellas (just in case), a tarp to put over the tent (again, just in case...the rain flap won't keep the blowing rain out), flash lights, games (sitting around gets boring after the first couple of days), trash bags, toilet paper, dish soap, lock up your food in the truck at night (even if you have a "shed" at your campsite. Those creatures are very resilient), old pots and pans, a radio, and a first aid kit. I'm sure there are more luxeries that I could come up with, but I really don't want Carlton to hate me!! lol

Seriously though, I have tubs packed with camping supplies. It's sad!!! I LOVE camping, but I am NOT a roughing it kind of girl!!! But you probably already know that!!! If I think of something else that you absolutely can't live without I'll let you know! ;o)

Anonymous said...

OH MY!!!! My DimpleQueen going camping. What I woulddo to be a fly on the tent wall. Not just to watch you darling baby girl but ALL of you. I sure hope you take the vidoe camera. You need to just sit it up and leave it running, I am sure something on it would win Funniest Home Video's. I can hardly contain the laughter thinking about it. BUT I give you props from even actually going. GOD be with YOU!!! Of couse,,YOUR MOMMA!!!!!!!