Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Fears

This beautiful picture can be aquired over at Home Sanctuary. Rachel Anne is one talented lady! This is one of her "creations" and she posted this as part of her Small Things for today. I am "stealing it" today.


Do you have fears? Most people have some kind of fears, whether it be a fear of these adorable 8 legged creatures (NOT!), Or of this guy with a painted face, crazy colorful hair, a rubber nose, and clothes that are always way too big and never matched!!
Either way, there are many different fears out there. I checked out some at this web site. There were so many things listed. Here is just a very small sample of things listed on that site:

  • flutes
  • hands
  • Northern lights
  • missles or bullets (this would be me and most of us I think!)
  • hair
  • books
  • clocks
  • going to school (we know many kids with this one)
  • blushing
  • hearing good news ?????????

This list is forever long! Some of them are down right silly, but many of them are quite sad!

I went over to Rachel Anne's today. And her post was a reminder that God has not given us a spirit of FEAR! Go there and read the entire post. She ended with this......

Today, I want you to NAME YOUR FEAR. Tell your fear, This. Is. It. You can't mess with my mind anymore. I'm not afraid anymore. I'm going to believe in a Mighty God. I'm going to trust in a Faithful Friend. I'm going to stand up and walk in the spirit of power, and love and sound mind!

I LOVED IT! And I hope you do too!

Let's get over our fears!

3 comments:

Natalie said...

Lately, I've been posting about my worrying and I think that worry can become fear if we let it. I needed to read your post today. Thank you.

Mocha with Linda said...

Just saw your comment on The Preacher's Wife and realized you are a teacher in the midst of TAKS. Bless your heart! My kids do fine with it, but I get so disgusted with what a big deal they make of it and the pressure on the kids and the teachers. Hang in there!

MaryLu said...

My post yesterday was about fears, go check it out, I shared my story about fearing I would lose my husband in Iraq. There seems to be a lot of postings about fears this week. Maybe because of Rachel Anne's verse this month. (I copied it and plastered it on my computer's desktop.)