Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Weight Loss

Ok....as a part of my "new self" I am going to get serious about loosing this weight I am carrying. This time I am not just talking about all the extra emotional baggage either. I am serious about this physical weight I have gained over the past 10 years! I know they say it takes twice as long to get it off as it does to put it on.....BUT for me I don't think that will be the case! I am on a mission!!!

I added a ticker on the side so you can see how I am doing. If you see that it hasn't moved in a while, then I expect you to ask me "WHAT'S UP WITH THAT!!!" I am serious..... The hubby and I have both started making it a priority to get to the gym. Our eating habits still need some work, but at least we are getting to the gym. And let me just tell you I HATE THE GYM!!! BUT I am praying that the Lord show me great things there!

Just a side note here: Pray for my feet! (or something) When I ride the stationary bikes or get on the elipticals, within 15 minutes my toes are going numb. Don't know what that's all about, but it is happening. Carlton say's it's just another "excuse not to go", but he also told me to go see a doctor about it too. Anyway, just pray I stay motivated and that all is well with the feet!

Thanks friends!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I DO hope your feet are ok! Definitely get it checked out. You need those!! =) Maybe it's blood pressure or something??
I love the new header!!! TOOOOO cute!! I love messing with the blogger layout too. I just wish there were more options.
I'll have to check out the thing on the side. Sounds cool! Have a good week!
Daisy

Natalie said...

It is definitely a life style change. I am here to cheer you on!

Jenn said...

I am right there with you on the weight loss !!! I am trying to lose 30 lbs. I will be praying for you and Carlton...:) Father, we thank you Lord for Angela and her desire and willingness to create a new her within the Angela you have given her. I pray right now, Lord that you touch her feet. Whatever it is that's keeping her from walking or running on the machines, give her discernment and wisdom to do what's good for her body. We pray Lord that when and if she goes to the doctor, that You are right there before she gets there. You do all things well. You are an awesome God and we praise You for your love, grace and faithfulness !!! In Jesus' name.. Amen !!! I will be checking on you.

Jenn Jenn

Wani said...

If your feet keep bothering you try using other machines or even hitting the weights! Don't let it stop you from keeping up the good work!

Marsha said...

Hi DQ,
I'm a fellow Company Girl and come to you via our sister, Rachel Anne. I'm identifying with you on several fronts and I want you to know I'm praying for you. I'd like to suggest Beth Moore's book and Bible study "Breaking Free" to you. I use this as a staple in my counseling ministry I have with women and girls who have come from various types of abuse or "disfunctional" family background. For me, I realized years ago there is a direct correlation between my weight issues and my past. I'm praising Him for helping me to shed the layers as well of the pounds! I'm still pressing on, it's going to take a while to loose all this weight,(about 100 pounds) but I'm making head way.

Janna said...

I hope your feet are okay!! I admire you for getting to that blasted gym. I can't seem to make myself get there. GOOD FOR YOU!!!! Hoping your weight comes dripping off of you!!

Anonymous said...

I found your blog through Mindy's. I love meeting new blog sisters!

I am so fighting that same battle with weight loss. I figure I should probably stop saying I just had a baby since my youngest is almost 10 :-)

I have yet to make it to the gym. I am working on my eating habits, though. Why does it have to be so dern hard?

Hang in there.

Kelli