Tuesday, February 19, 2008

A VERY Embarassing Moment!!!!

Ok, I choose to share this moment with you all because.........well.........because I just think you all need a good laugh from time to time.

On Sunday, after church, we decided to go to lunch with another couple and their children. The hubby and I got there first, so I rushed in to hold us a table. We have 4 and they (counting the two extra they are housing for the moment) have 7. So we ended up needing a table with a booth right across from it so that we could seat everyone. Hubby got in line to order our food and I grabbed the kids to go find a place to sit. This is one of those "seat yourself" kind of places and it looked very packed from the outside, so I knew we needed to snag something as soon as we could find it.

After just a couple seconds we found our spot. I put my two precious children in the booth then sat at the table directly across from them and waited for the others to show up when ALL OF A SUDDEN, I felt that all too familiar feeling we all get during "that time!" You see, "that time" had just ended, so I thought! I know my eyes got as big as watermelons because I was wearing WHITE pants and I was stuck at this table!!!!! However, a major embarrassment was about to occur if I didn't get up and head to the ladies room immediately! SO, I grabbed a necessary item from my purse, put it in my coat pocket and told the kids, "Mommy has to go to the bathroom NOW....Timothy, please watch my purse Mommy will be right back!" (YES I left my purse on the table...I had to hold our spot! besides there wasn't anything in it except for gum and my debit card that had to be canceled the day before, which is a whole other story) I knew they were in eyesight of Daddy and he could "watch them" so I felt okay (not completely safe, but okay) leaving them at the table.

As I got to the restroom door, I turned around to find Rachel standing directly behind me saying, "Mommy I gotta go potty too!" So I hurried her into the bathroom with me. There was a line!!!! As soon as a stall opened up we hurried in.

***NOTE*** I DID NOT want to have Rachel in the stall with me, I knew this could get ugly, but I COULD NOT/WOULD NOT let her stay in a bathroom and me not be able to watch her.....she still touches everything!!!

I quickly put her on the potty to hear her say and grin while doing so, "I don't weally need to doe teetee!" ****wanting to scream now**** Anyway, I asked her to move to the front of the stall so that I could go. (hoping she would do like always and try to look out the crack of the stall to the people waiting in line) BUT NOOOOO, she was determined to see what I was doing!!

All I had with me that day was a pad of which to her looked like a diaper (Can you see where this might be going??) Well, as soon as she saw it she said, "Oh mommy, what are you doin'? Why you need that diaper? You not a baby!"

I immediately heard laughter from the women waiting in line and from the one in the stall next to me! And of course I too had to laugh but at the same time was turning as red as red can get! As we came out of the stall Rachel was still talking about "the diaper" As I was trying to "hush" her, one of the other women said, "I know your pain, I had a similar situation a couple years ago!" I don't know if this was the truth or if this poor woman just felt my embarrassment and wanted to "help me feel better".

I do believe this ranks up there as one of my MOST embarrassing moments!

6 comments:

Janna said...

Ahhhhh kids...they're so humbling, aren't they??? Very funny story!!!

mamatutwo said...

Ooooh, I can definitely see how embarrassing that must have been!
I try to make sure that mine don't have to be in there with me at such times, but sometimes, like this one, it can't be helped! What's a girl to do?

Natalie said...

Oh My Goodness! I would have been mortified! At least you got that feeling to go do something about it. You could have not felt anything until it was pointed out when you stood up!!! Ahh!!!

Praise and Coffee said...

Oh that is hysterical!!!!
"that feeling" is...I think...the worst feeling ever!

Thanks for the laugh and for the links!
Sue

Katrina said...

How funny! I haven't been in that exact same situation, but when my son was three and four, he felt the need to "narrate" everything going on in the bathroom stall when I took him in there with me, so strangers got a running commentary on whether I was finished going poopoo yet. Sheesh. Kids--what can you do but laugh?

Karen said...

Great story...similar situation with my boys when they were small...the real blessing here is apparently it was not brought up during your meal!!!!