What a busy weekend! Friday I went home, and although I really wanted hubby to take us to dinner since I had SO much to do, I decided that I had made a MENU and I was sticking to it!!! So I did! I cooked, the kids helped me clean and then we started the process of making Rachel's birthday cake.
She had been telling me for weeks that she wanted me to make her cake. She told me that she wanted a pink cake with sprinkles. I decided a couple of days ago that I would make a cupcake cake. We had one of these for Timothy's 3rd birthday and it was great. It was so easy. I didn't make his though...we got it from WalMart. But I decided I could do this, so I did, and this is how it turned out:
I did it!!!!! But I must tell you that I had a few moments when I didn't know if it would come together. About half way through icing this "piece of art" I had my very first migraine! It sent me to the emergency room. I felf as if my head was about to explode. We were there from 11:30 until 3:30 in the morning. All I could think about was that my little girl's cake wasn't finished and her party was scheduled to begin at 10:00! The doctor in the emergency room gave me some medicine for nesaua and 2 500mg of Vicodin. The Vicodin wired me! I could not rest. So when we got home, Carlton went to bed and I finished the cake! Then I finally crashed around 6:30. Timothy came wandering in around 7:30. So I guess I got about an hour of sleep. Then I was up and running non-stop until about 3:30 that afternoon when I finally crashed. I slept for about 3 hours, got up, made grilled cheese sandwhiches and soup, then crashed again for the evening.
Below are some more pictures from Rachel's party. It started raining toward the end, so you can see in the last picture (the one of her on the swing) she has mud on her arms and legs! It was too funny! She didn't care......she wanted to play!
Some Things I’ve Loved Wearing
9 months ago














2 comments:
Beautiful pictures! She is adorable, and you've GOT to be proud! Great job on the cake!
What a gorgeous cake! Great story about the migraine...I'm going to lift that idea for my boy's 4th birthday (uh, the cake, not the migraine.)
Post a Comment