Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Spotted Boy, Tired Momma, Whiney Girl, Vacationing Daddy and Home Repairs

WOW...what a couple of weeks we have had around here. First, Rachel had fever for 5 days.....YES 5 days! She had no other symptoms than fever but it was high. Her only problem now is that she has reverted back to the whiny 3 year old. Well she is 4, but I remember 3 as being whiny....... gotta love her though....she's so stinkin' cute!

Now Timothy has CHICKEN POX!!! I praise the Lord that he didn't get them as bad as I did when I was a child. I had them EVERYWHERE!!!!! Timothy has only had them on his chest, back, and a few on his face. He never ran fever, but did complain of a stomach ache and sore throat a couple days before the first spot showed up. And yes....before you ask....he did have his vaccination. Well, he had the 1st one, but when school started and it was time to get his second one, NO ONE had it...not even the health department. SO, it makes me wonder.......does he really need it now? Hmmmmm......

As for the Momma of the house......well I am exhausted. I have had SO much going on at work lately, and have had to bring a lot of it home too. SO, I am tired. I am drained emotionally, physically and mentally! And today, one of my students didn't get his meds before coming to school, so the day was almost wasted. He was in RARE form and therefore the others fed off his behavior. There wasn't much I could do to "discipline" him because it really wasn't his fault and at the same time, I didn't feel I could do much to the others either.....it was just ONE OF THOSE DAYS!

The man of the house is on vacation. He had several days of paid vacation from the church that he had to take before the end of the year. So, he took some now and will take the rest at Christmas. I praise God for this because I don't have much leave built up at work, and since Timothy has had to stay home, it has worked out wonderful. He is out tonight at a Rockets' game.

As far as our house goes.....we will really need your prayers. We are about to have to take out a loan of some kind to pay for all the repairs. The plumbing will be around $5500 and the foundation will be around $6000 and the repairs to the inside we are not completely sure about but I would venture to say they will be in the ball park of $5000 as well. This is definitely money we don't have right now, but repairs HAVE to be done. Pray I can lay it at HIS feet and leave it there!

2 comments:

Natalie said...

Unexpected expenses can be so stressful! ESPECIALLY around the holiday season. Peace be with you during this time!!

Janna said...

I can only imagine how stressful the whole house issue is. The Lord will provide for y'all!! He is faithful and will take care of you during these difficult times!! Lean on Him and know that I am praying hard for y'all!!!