I have taken myself back to Rachel Anne's for the "Today's Small Thing". And Today's Small Thing was titled "Have a Nice (Guilt) Trip". You ought to check it out.
Well, today I have decided that I am going to make time for myself to GO TO THE GYM. I have been putting off going because I feel guilty.
Guilty for making my kids stay in yet another hour of child care. (However, when I pick up the girl, she begs to go to the gym!) And guilty that I am an hour later getting dinner started, and that I don't have the time with the kids after dinner that I could have if I just went straight home.
BUT instead of feeling guilty I should feel good about this decision. I am overweight a tad, out of shape and stressed all the time. By exercising I can help deminish some of these problems! I will be healthier, not so tired all the time (after I get into the groove of it all that is...) and they say that exercise helps your body deal with the stress.
SO there you have it....that's my way of dealing with this area of guilt. There are many other areas to deal with, but I think I'll take it one baby step at a time!
Some Things I’ve Loved Wearing
7 months ago








4 comments:
Yay Angela! Going to the gym is a GOOD thing! I think we moms feel more guilty about doing things "for ourselves" when the truth is that we need to spend a little time getting healthy so we can meet the needs of our families. Good for you....now I just need to follow your lead on the exercising :(
That one hour workout or even 30 minutes is YOUR time. Don't feel guilty about that!It will make you a better mommy and wife.
We all need encouragement! Good to talk to you again!
Good for you! When I returned to the gym I felt the guilt. However, once I started to work out I slept better, had more energy, and felt better about myself. Bye, bye guilt. Keep it up.
Post a Comment