Well, Timothy is a very bright little man, so says his parents and now his Kindergarten teacher. He has been asking Carlton for several months how to ask Jesus in your heart. He told us that he wanted to go to heaven when he dies. He's a very perceptive little guy and picks up on a lot of things and ever since he heard a preacher say something along the lines that you have to have Jesus in your heart to go to heaven, he has been asking.
Carlton took this situation very serious, as we all should, and started months back explaining to him what it really means to become a Christian, and the seriousness of asking Christ into your heart. He wanted Timothy to understand well enough that he could say his own prayer and it not be scripted.
So, last night they sat at the table one more time talking. Then Carlton could tell he was ready. That he knew and would be able to say this sweet prayer on his own. SO when it came time to pray he called Timothy closer to him. He said he could see that Timothy's eyes were welling up so he looked at him and asked him why he was crying and Timothy told him, "I'm just not sure I know all the words to say." and Carlton told him to just let God guide him.
And so, he did. I wasn't in the room, I was putting Rachel to bed, but Carlton said that he said everything all on his own! He said that when he was finished Timothy looked at him and said, "I did it! Jesus is in my heart!"
Oh, how sweet! When I walked in the room. Timothy looked at me and said, "Momma I am going to heaven! I asked Jesus in my heart!" It was precious! He was SO excited!
Then when I put him to bed, and he was getting ready to pray, he looked at me with the most serious and almost sad face and said, "Momma, what about Rachel...Will she go to heaven?"
I told him that just like God showed him in his heart, He would show Rachel too! Then I told him that he could pray for God to show her, and so he did!
Carlton took this situation very serious, as we all should, and started months back explaining to him what it really means to become a Christian, and the seriousness of asking Christ into your heart. He wanted Timothy to understand well enough that he could say his own prayer and it not be scripted.
So, last night they sat at the table one more time talking. Then Carlton could tell he was ready. That he knew and would be able to say this sweet prayer on his own. SO when it came time to pray he called Timothy closer to him. He said he could see that Timothy's eyes were welling up so he looked at him and asked him why he was crying and Timothy told him, "I'm just not sure I know all the words to say." and Carlton told him to just let God guide him.
And so, he did. I wasn't in the room, I was putting Rachel to bed, but Carlton said that he said everything all on his own! He said that when he was finished Timothy looked at him and said, "I did it! Jesus is in my heart!"
Oh, how sweet! When I walked in the room. Timothy looked at me and said, "Momma I am going to heaven! I asked Jesus in my heart!" It was precious! He was SO excited!
Then when I put him to bed, and he was getting ready to pray, he looked at me with the most serious and almost sad face and said, "Momma, what about Rachel...Will she go to heaven?"
I told him that just like God showed him in his heart, He would show Rachel too! Then I told him that he could pray for God to show her, and so he did!









6 comments:
OH my!! I'm crying!!! I can't wait for those moments. You are so blessed!!! Thank you Jesus!
It is hard to keep up with the blogging, but we'll just keep up as we can.
Hope everything else is going good!!
Daisy
Congratulations! What a wonderful blessing. I found your blog through the married to the ministry blogroll. My husband is also a youth pastor, and although we're in Minnesota right now, I graduated from West Brook. What a small world!
What a blessing!! What a wonderful time in the life of your family!!!!!!!!
Whoo Hoo!
How sweet is that! And praying for his siter too, that's just awesome!
This is my prayer for my own children....how precious that he made that decision, and that you and your husband were able to step back and let God do His work! I know that I have been tempted to put words in Nathan's mouth, but this is one of those times that it has to come from the heart, with no prompting.
It made my day to read this....
Xandra
I'm bawling over here!!! I'm very excited for Timothy and for you and Carlton as well. What a blessing from the Lord to get to be there beside your little one as he makes his most important decision in life!
Post a Comment