There has been SO much going on in my life and I have felt so "pushed down" by it all, however, God is showing me so much hope and peace these days and I feel I should share that with you all.
I have struggled for some time with depression. I have mentioned it here before in various posts. I mentioned it to one of my doctors, and he suggested I try taking a "lightweight" med. for a while. So, I decided to do that.
I know that taking a medication for depression can be a sticky subject among Christians, but for me it wasn't a question this time. My whole person was becoming someone that I couldn't stand to see in a mirror. Someone that I didn't know and someone that I didn't want my kids to know either.
I have been taking this medicine now for3 1/2 weeks. And with the exception of a day or two during "the visit" I have had a pretty peaceful feeling. NOW, do I totally give credit to the tiny pill I take every night before I go to bed.....NO....
I know that God has had much more to do with this freedom I am feeling than this tiny pink pill. Since taking this medicine, I have been thinking a bit clearer, and therefore have spent more time with Him than I had been. So I know that HE is the main reason for this freedom. I do give him thanks for giving me the courage to discuss this issue with my doctor. It had been on the tip of my tongue for some time now, but I just couldn't bring myself to say anything when he would ask, "Is there anything else I can do for you?"
Ever been there? I pray not, but if so, share it......
God is opening up so many doors for me right now. Tonight I was invited to a ladies Bible study at a neighbor's house. We (neighborhood ladies) read some scriptures, shared prayer requests and prayed together. Two of us were Baptists, one Methodist, one Catholic, one member of Church on the Rock, and one non-denominational member. It was awesome that we were all able to come together and pray!
Another thing is that God is opening up doors for our student ministry, the girls ministry to be exact. We will be hosting a Sage conference. This is something I have prayed about being involved in for many years, but God has closed the doors many times. Well, He is flinging them open now!! So pray, it's going to be a busy few months. The conference will be the last weekend in February!
Here is a video I posted many months ago....please listen and enjoy!
Some Things I’ve Loved Wearing
7 months ago








No comments:
Post a Comment