Do you ever feel trapped? I know that seems kind of harsh, but sometimes it's just how I feel! Being a minister's wife is not always the easiest thing in the world. But I also think about other women, like coaches wives, and others....I bet they feel the same thing sometimes.
The reason I say this is because there are times when I just want to get away and it just isn't possible. For instance, next week Carlton is taking some of the youth on a trip. An over night trip to go tubing. I entertained the thought of going with them and asking someone to watch the kids. I even went so far as to call someone this time. BUT then last night it hit me.......Rachel has one more ballet class on the Wednesday we would be gone and it is the last one before dress rehearsal on Friday. So, when I mentioned this to Carlton, he said, "Ask them if they would take her." So I was planning on doing that......although, inside I TOTALLY felt like I was imposing enough already!
But then another thought crossed my mind this morning......SWIM LESSONS...... I had promised the kids they could take swim lessons. After getting to school and checking the session dates, it looks as if the only time they could go is June 9 - 18. SO, that would mean asking someone to not only take Rachel to ballet, but to also take the kids to swim lessons two days.......I just can't do that!
Being married to someone whose job moves you around and keeps you away from family is not always the easiest thing! I LOVE what we do...... I LOVE ministering to students......I don't really mind the moving around part either......however, in times like this, it sure would be nice to be closer to "home".
Some Things I’ve Loved Wearing
7 months ago








3 comments:
Hmmm....Have you been reading my mind lately or something??? Wyatt's job has been CRAZY lately with 80 hour weeks and lots of stress in the land of the hospital. I keep reminding myself as I've been studying the life of Joseph that we are all being prepared for something all the time so we're trying to hang in there, but it is really hard sometimes. We can definitely pray for each other, though. =) People who have grandparents around a lot to babysit don't know how lucky they are!!! =)
Oh, can I ask what the "Deeper thoughts" blog is? If not, it's no big deal, just wondering. When I clicked on your name today i noticed another blog. Sorry to be nosy.
Hope you're good!
Daisy
You are not alone in your thougths. It is hard to be away from family. Some days I wish I could wake up, drop baby off at grandparents and go to Wal-Mart alone. After I think about all the things that have to be done to "ask" someone to keep him, I end up not going. I hate to ask favors when it's not an emergency.
I know how you feel. My husband's a youth pastor, too, and the job can easily be a 7-day-a-week thing if we aren't organised. Being away from easy babysitting is hard, isn't it? There are times I'd love to just jump in to help with youth events, but I can't take the kids with me or leave them with someone. You're not alone! :)
Post a Comment