Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Works For Me Wednesday


Ok, this a first for me. I have seen this on several of the blogs I "browse" through on occasion. For those of you who don't know this is Works-For-Me-Wednesday. It is sponsored by Shannon over at Rocks In My Dryer.

The idea is to share what works for you with the others so that we can all gather this huge bank of things that "work"! Don't you ever think, "I wish I knew how to ........." or "This is such a neat idea, I need to share it." Well you can do that through WFMW.

Have you ever used Fabuloso? I LOVE this stuff! I usually get it at Walmart, Target, or my local grocery store. My personal favorite is the Green Apple scent. (It comes in many different ones.) I use it on EVERYTHING (Except my wood floors that is.) I can use just a half cup or less of this stuff and my whole house will smell like green apples (for me that is) for a day and half! Sometimes I just like to put about a 1/4 cup of this in an old coffee cup and fill it the rest of the way with water, and set it on the bathroom counter or behind the toilet just to make the place smell fresh. A cousin of mine actually runs her mop slightly over her carpet before she mops the floors to "freshen" up her carpet. Our carpet is beige so I don't try this, but hers is dark so it works for her!

Many of those scented candles or plugins become too strong over time of being turned on or lit. But this stuff doesn't do that. The smell does deminish, but just a little at a time is all you need!

Well, that was my first WFMW. Hope you enjoyed!

DQ

4 comments:

Carrie J said...

I saw this cleaner at Fred's last week when I was couponing. I wondered about it as I had never heard of it before. I think Dollar General has it too. I bought lots of Lysol Lavender scented cleaner and some Mr Clean Apple scent at Freds. I'll have to put this one on my list to try. Thanks.

Liz said...

Hey Angie,
I'm excited to see that you joined WFMW. Sorry, I would have gotten back to you sooner but hubby and I were away on a weekday getaway, we left Wed morning and got back tonight! So glad you figured it out and that was a great tip. I will have to find that!
Elizabeth

Anonymous said...

Awesome idea, and thanks for the tip!! Our house always smells like what we ate for dinner the night before!!! =)

Rachel Anne said...

I haven't tried the Green Apple, but the regular stuff smells CLEAN. Might try the carpet idea....our big yellow lab doesn't smell too good...we could use the help.