About 3 weeks ago Timothy had strep and I thought he might have an ear infection, so I took him to the doctor. While we were at the doctor's office we saw a little girl there with her mother and grandmother. Teaching special ed. I could tell that the little girl had Cerebral Palsy and was severly MR. Her mother was holding her up trying to get her to take some steps while she stood behind her. The little girl just looked around at everything in the room and showed no interest at all in what her mother was doing. Timothy took notice of this little girl. He watched her carefully then turned to me and said,
"Momma, what's wrong with her?"
I told him, "Well, Timothy, her body just doesn't work like your's and mine. She can't walk, or talk, or do any of the things you can do by yourself."
Then he said, "So is that why her Momma is helping her walk?"
I told him, "Yep, she is trying to teach her. She might not ever walk, but her Momma wants to show her how."
After that he just watched them a little longer and would look at me and grin from time to time. Later that night, when he was going to bed, he asked me about her again. When he said his prayers he ended with this:
"and God, help that little girl at the doctor's office to walk. Amen"
It put a lump in my throat. After he finished I told him that it was very nice and sweet of him to think about that little girl and that it made God happy for him to think about her and pray for her. Several nights later he prayed for her again.
Well, you may or may not believe this, but this Sunday, that little girl, her mother, her mother's brother, and her step-mother were all at church! We never mentioned to them that we went to First Baptist, or anything like that. Isn't it amazing how God works! WOW!!! They came with another family in our church that has a daughter that is MR and severly Autistic. They are neighbors of their's. The lady that is a member of our church said that the little girl's mother just popped her head in the window and said, "Can we go to church with you?" How amazing is that!!!!
When Timothy saw her, he said, "That's the girl I prayed for Momma!" Then I shared the story with them.
"Thank you Father for showing Timothy one way you can work through prayer!"
Some Things I’ve Loved Wearing
9 months ago








No comments:
Post a Comment