Monday, February 9, 2009

God's Bigger Picture and Some Faith

So, do I know what's in His bigger picture yet? Not exactly....but do I know that He is faithful and that He is our provider and protector....Yes I do.

God is doing so much in our lives right now. He has changed our hearts on so many different things. He keeps reminding me that He is in control and we are not.

Today I visited a couple blogs I had not been to in a long time, and one of those was Rachel Anne's, and this is the post she had today. The verse she posted about was one that I have read many times over the past couple weeks.

Psalm 31:14-15 "But I trust in you O, Lord; I say, "You are my God." My times are in Your hands."


What a comforting verse. Has fully trusting Him been easy? No, because honestly I haven't fully trusted Him in a long time. I have trusted Him in the little things, in the things that I still felt I had some kind of control over, but to be quite honest I haven't had anything happen in my life that I had to FULLY trust in Him for, or at least that I realized anyway.

I have learned even more so that His ways are higher, and that they are definitely NOT mine. Would I have chosen for us to leave this church so abruptly? No. Would I choose to have 3 months to repair the house and get it sold? No. Would I choose to watch my 6 year old cry when he finally realizes that moving doesn't mean to another house, but instead it means far away? No.

There are many other things I will share about this experience God is allowing us to go through once I feel it is appropriate, but for now I will say that God is teaching us a lot about dependence on Him, a lot about faith, a lot about His provision and hearing His voice.

God is blessing us! We give Him the glory for all He has done so far and once a little time has passed I will share those blessings with you all.

Now, for the FAITH part...

Once more I ask you all to pray for the house. The work started today. We were given money from a friend to pay for the plumbing, but we still need money for the foundation and the repairs to the inside of the house.....and we need it NOW. This is one of those things we have been having faith about. We don't know where it is coming from yet, but we know God will provide. To be exact, we will need about $2500 within the next week and a half.....and we have no idea where it is coming from.....only God does!!!!

Faith is sometimes scary.....but "without faith it is impossible to please God..." Hebrews 11:6.

1 comment:

Mocha with Linda said...

I loved reading this. I appreciate your response to your circumstances and letting God work in you to teach you and mold you.