Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Christmas Tour of Homes



Welcome to my home! (a day late!)
hope you enjoy.
This was the first year that we were able to set up our village since we started the collection about 7 years ago! I know that seems like a long time, but we are a little funny in that we wanted to have EVERY piece before we sat it all up! Well, now we do SO....I give you.....Little Town Of Bethlehem, by Department 56.....you should be able to click on the pictures to see the details! We are amazed at the detail of this village!




There is actually more to the desert scene, I guess I just didn't get it all loaded!

Now on to the living room.....

Our tree....although I am allergic to every tree known to man, we always have a real tree! I just pop the antihistamines! :)

This is the same angel we have had on our tree since our first Christmas together. This will be her 12th Christmas on top of our tree!

Just a few ornaments....we have a wide variety!





The kids fought over who would put this one up....they both miss our dear Pongo!
This tree is a small fake one I had at school. I put it up in the breakfast area and let the kids decorate it!

These two hang under the base of their little tree. They each made these little trees in Mission Friends at church a few weeks ago. They glued Hersey Kisses to the dots, and have taken off one each night, counting down the days to Christmas. I will use it again next year....maybe with a more spiritual meaning though!

And my tour ends with a visit from Santa. He stopped by this past Sunday. The kids were in total shock. The girl just stared at him and played with his beard, and the boy talked nonstop! Reminding Santa that he REALLY wants a Red Rider BB Gun! Santa played along and told him that he would "shoot his eye out!" LOL The great thing about this Santa was that he reminded the kids that the TRUE meaning of Christmas is in Christ, not him and the presents we get. It was really nice to have that come from him and we didn't ask him to say it at all!




And that ends my tour...


Hope you enjoyed.....


Go visit the other 700 + homes over at BooMama's!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks great! Have a really special holiday!

Marina Capano said...

Hi! what a fun DECO! I love it! so cute!
nice children with Santa!

xoxo
visit me anytime...

just Beautiful

Merry Christmas

Bonita said...

Wow! My mom has the Dept 56 buildings, but I wasn't aware they made a Bethlehem village. Their work is always amazing.

Cute ornaments too especially those two with Santa!

Natalie said...

What a cozy home! I love the Pongo ornament. What a special way to remember! Your village is AMAZING! I can sit and look at those villages for hours.Thanks for opening your doors.

Cat said...

Love the Bethlehem Village & your kids are so sweet.

Merry Christmas!
Cate from New Zealand

http://momentsofwhimsy.wordpress.com/

Divamom said...

I love your village and the rest of your decorations, but my favorite is the Spurs ornament!!! Go Spurs Go! Can you tell I'm from San Antonio? LOL

Be Blessed!
~Chondra