OH MY....what a summer this has been....and the beginning of school has been a whirlwind!!!!
To catch you up on the house....well, it's still a mess! The insurance company sent out a plumbing specialist to check for leaks under the foundation. He found one, so then they sent out a structural engineer about 3 weeks later and yesterday, 6 weeks later the insurance company finally calls and tells us that they are not covering a thing and giving us some vague reasons as to why. PLEASE pray for us as we research the best thing to do next. We have talked to a lawyer and will be meeting more with him in the next couple of weeks.
I have been SO busy at work. Two days before school started back I was called into the office of the director of Special Ed. Shw offered me a position at one of the high schools starting a unit for Autistic students. As much as I hated to leave the people I was working with, I jumped on the opportunity pretty quick. This is one group in special ed. that I love working with and I had been wanting to move to the high school level. However, there have been some set backs and many frustrating days since then.
I was suppose to have a week to set up the room. But because there was so much to be done to the room, I didn't get into the room until FRIDAY of that week! THEN our dear friend Gustave showed up and we were made to evacuate. The students showed up last Thursday! The work I had done setting up the furniture and cleaning on Friday, was destroyed by the men from the Coast Guard that used our school. When we walked in on that Thursday morning, we had to reorganize everything all over!
I still only have one computer in the room and it is not the one that I will be allowed to keep, but at least it is one! The aides that were hired for the room are precious. They will help in any way asked. I think they might be a bit bored right now since there is NO curriculum as of this moment. We have watched a few movies and done some academics here and there, but not much.
I am just glad to be back online! Finally! I look forward to getting caught up with everyone. I will still post, but probably not near as much as before. At least for now anyway!
Please remember me in your prayers!
Angie
Some Things I’ve Loved Wearing
7 months ago








4 comments:
Welcome back!! I hope things work out with the house soon.
Jolanthe
Welcome Back. It was good to see your name pop up on my google reader! Sounds like you have more than enough things to do. I'm impressed you even had time to write this much on your blog. Take care!
Hey Angie,
Good to see you back. Hoping things slow down for you soon. Hugs, Liz
Insurance companies SUCK!!! I'm praying that the lawyer will be able to talk some sense into them!!! Please keep us posted!!!
Post a Comment